The super happiest day

April 10, 2009 · 21 comments

in Birthday (hildie's)

You guys, not only is it my birthday today (I’m turning . . . well, let’s just say that 40 is much closer than I’d like), but I can finally have loads and loads of sweets after my Lenten promise to abstain.  I’m aiming for some sort of sugar-induced coma.

I’m also aiming for complete laziness and a “get out of jail free” card for everything unpleasant.  My mother is in town and I can usually guilt her into doing all the yucky stuff on my birthday.

Do I even have to tell you what I want for my birthday? Comments, of course!

Mister already gave me an amazing present, which I will blog about tomorrow when I have pictures ready to upload.

{ 21 comments… read them below or add one }

Carol April 10, 2009 at 7:40 am

Happy Birthday most lovely jennie.

(Is that good enough?)

Katie April 10, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the sugar!

Mindi April 10, 2009 at 2:16 pm

was it new boobs?

just wondering. because that’s always what men think is the best present…..

hb to one of the wittiest and prettiest gals i ‘know’–hope your day is EVERYTHING you want it to be and more!

party like a (mormon) rockstar!

Colby April 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Happy Birthday!!! You are truly one of the most unique, wonderful, funny, beautiful (inside and out) women I know. You are inspiring in so many ways. Relax, throw your feet up and soak up celebrating your 25 birthday! Love ya!

Colby

Keepin' up with the Jones' April 10, 2009 at 2:49 pm

happy happy birthday!! hope it’s a fantastic day! enjoy the candy. you deserve it!

karilyn April 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is as Special
as you are. I think you are brilliant & Sassy.

Harlene April 10, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Happy Birthday! You deserve a spectacular day, or weekend! You are truly magnificent, brilliant, and gorgeous, and you make me oh so very happy.

Enjoy!

Lisa April 10, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Happy Birthday!!! You are the most magnificent baker, brillant mind, and gorgeous person I know! Does that about cover it? :-p

Tiffster April 10, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Happy Birthday! I thought you’d post a picture of yourself in your special birthday suit. Now THAT would garner some comments… Come to think of it, you once sent me a photo of you in a bikini while 9 mos. pregnant with India. Maybe I’ll post that on MY blog…
As a heads up, and a lame excuse, Jared was in charge of sending you your present. Guess what? It won’t be there today. (I called to yell at him, but he was having a really bad day at work, so I’ll do it later)
Feliz Cumpleanos!

Appalachian Woman April 11, 2009 at 1:32 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JENNIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

GOD’S BLESSINGS TO YOU
GOD’S BLESSINGS TO YOU
GOD’S BLESSINGS DEAR JENNIE
GOD’S BLESSING TO YOU!

HAVE SOME SUG!

Lonna April 11, 2009 at 3:02 am

I am glad that you felt like it was the super happiest day, that is the way to celebrate ones birthday. I love that you can guilt your mom into doing the not so fun stuff around the house, I would try that if my mom came to visit.

I hope that the rest of the day and the weekend are just as great. Happy birthday Jennie.

heatherbrownphotography April 12, 2009 at 2:40 am

Love you Jennie! Happy, Happy birthday to you! I really miss you. Come home soon!

Kelly April 12, 2009 at 3:34 am

Jennie, Jennie, who can I turn to?
Jennie, I got your number.
I need a place to go.
8-6-7-5-3-0-neye-eye-eye-eyen.
8-6-7-5-3-0-neye-eye-eye-eyen.
Jennie, Jennie, you make me so happy!

Okay, so it wasn’t the Happy Birthday song, but a song about you…bits and pieces of it. I hope you’re still dragging out your birthday all week long. That’s what I recommend!

Thanks for being a delightful friend. You’re special.

Love,
Kelly

Kelly April 12, 2009 at 3:35 am

I’m sure I messed up the lyrics on that Jenny song (spelled like your mom spells it). This is a bonus comment for your birthday, making sure everyone knows I know that I botched that song.

myimaginaryblog April 12, 2009 at 3:54 am

Happy birthday! I’m happy for you that your sugar fast ended in time for Easter, which has the best candy of all holidays (although apparently my 9-year-old disagrees; she rejected about half her Easter candy. And my 11-year-old son doesn’t like most forms of chocolate. Suddenly I’m wondering if they’re really my children.) Anyway, have a happy Easter coma.

The A Team Mom April 13, 2009 at 2:32 am

I’m late but Happy Birthday!!!! My hubby’s b-day is tomorrow. I’m still working on a cool idea for what to do for him…

Shawn April 13, 2009 at 3:38 am

Sorry I haven’t checked in—I’ve been swamped—arrgghh.

But HAPPY BIRTHDAY—BELATED…. You are an amazing blogger and mother and writer and person—I really hope that I can meet you some day!

Hope your birthday was amazing!!!!

Selwyn April 13, 2009 at 7:22 am

I’m late, I’m late, for your very important date, but I wish you a fabulous year ahead!

And here’s a quote for you from Eva Gabor – I believe in loyalty. When a woman reaches an age she likes, she should stick with it!

Omgirl April 13, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Oops. I failed to comment on your birthday. SORRY! I haven’t been on the blogosphere in days. I hope you had a good birthday.

Heather April 13, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed this post earlier.

L. April 23, 2009 at 2:24 am

So where are the promised pictures you were going to upload, showing your fabulous surprise Birthday party with the million-calorie goodies?